By Kelly Senyei
Super Bowl Sunday is a snack lover's paradise. And while chicken wings and sliders are popular game-day favorites, when it comes to quarterbacking the buffet, there's one dish on the must-have list: nachos. This crowd-pleasing party dish is quick and easy to make, and with so many potential chip, cheese, and topping combinations, the field is wide open. Our mix-and-match nacho guide equips you with 10 classic and creative ways to make nachos the star of your Super Bowl bash, including pizza- and barbecue-inspired versions, gluten-free and vegan options, and sweetly crispy dessert nachos.
- Choose from our suggested matchups of chips, cheese, and toppings, or mix and match ingredients to your taste buds' desires.
- Bake the nachos on the center rack in a 450°F oven for 5 to 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Nachos are best served right out of the oven while the chips are still crisp and the toppings are hot.
- Serve no-fuss nachos in the dish they are baked in. A 13-by-9-inch baking dish or a small baking sheet is best for crowds of six to eight.
- Line your baking dish or baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup (and to ensure that the baking dish can be reused for multiple quarters of snacking).
- Create multiple layers of chips and toppings to maximize the flavor in every bite.
- While it may be tempting to double down on your add-ons, keep in mind that not overloading the chips with toppings is what keeps this dish finger-friendly.
- All of the toppings listed below should be added prior to baking, with the exception of shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and chopped fresh herbs, which should be put on once the nachos come out of the oven.
Check out the slideshow above to discover 10 classic and creative nachos worthy of a Super Bowl bash.
Want more on the Super Bowl? Check out 3 Bite Mini Burgers from our friends at Style Me Pretty.