In the slideshow above, we'll show you how to bake and decorate these vampire and werewolf cupcakes -- they're great treats for Halloween parties, obviously, but also a year-round hit with grown-up Twilight and True Blood fans. The vampires even have a red filling!
Before we get started, here are the ingredients you will need:
Start with 24 homemade cupcakes prepared and ready to go.
For the Vampire Cupcakes:
• Pastry bag with cake tips (#5, #8, and #230)
• Red jam, jelly or frosting
• Miniature chocolate chips
• Black shoelace licorice
• White Tic-Tacs
• Sliced almonds
• Ivory and black icing colors (preferably Wilton, available from Michaels or AC Moore)
• Metal spatula
For the Werewolf Cupcakes:
• Tootsie Rolls (about 6)
• Small black jelly beans (Jelly Belly brand is best)
• Yellow M&M's
• Small red gumdrops
• Brown and black icing colors (preferably Wilton, available from Michaels or AC Moore)
• Pastry bag with cake tips (#5 and #16)
To learn how to make these spooky cupcakes, click on our slideshow above.