- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss artichoke bottoms with 2 teaspoons oil and 2 teaspoons oregano. Place them top-side down on half of a large baking sheet. Spread pancetta in an even layer on the other half. Roast until the artichokes are just beginning to brown and the pancetta is crispy, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and water in a small bowl until smooth. Beat eggs and egg whites in a large bowl.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and cook, folding and stirring frequently with a heatproof rubber spatula until almost set, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and fold in cream cheese, the remaining 1 teaspoon oregano and salt.
- To serve, divide the artichoke bottoms among 4 plates. Top each artichoke with equal portions scrambled egg, crispy pancetta and creamy lemon sauce. Garnish with oregano sprigs, if desired.
Shopping tip: Artichoke bottoms can be purchased in 14-ounce cans”found near other canned vegetables. If unavailable, substitute two 14-ounce cans rinsed and halved artichoke hearts.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 282
- Calories from fat 171
- Total Fat 19gm 29%
- Saturated Fat 6gm 30%
- Monounsaturated Fat 7gm
- Sodium 737mg 31%
- Total Carbohydrates 9gm 3%
- Fiber 3gm 3%
- Protein 17gm
- Cholesterol 333mg 111%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.