1. To prepare vinaigrette: Heat mustard seeds, coriander and cumin in a small dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add carrot juice and simmer over medium heat until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
2. Place raisins in a blender and add the hot juice. Let stand for 5 minutes to plump the raisins. Then add vinegar, cilantro, yogurt, honey, crushed red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and blend until combined. Pour in 1/4 cup oil and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3. To prepare croutons: Preheat oven to 375°F.
4. Toss bread and 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl until well combined. Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake, stirring once, until golden and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes.
pinch of salt
4 cup baby beet greens, baby chard or baby spinach
¼ cup dried cranberry
¼ cup shredded smoked cheese, such as cheddar
5. To prepare salad: Season a wooden salad bowl by rubbing with garlic and pinch of salt. Chop the garlic and add to the bowl along with greens. Pour 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette over the greens. (Cover and refrigerate the remaining 1/2 cup vinaigrette for up to 3 days.) Sprinkle the salad with cranberries, cheese and the croutons; toss and serve.
To Make Ahead: Cover and refrigerate the vinaigrette (Steps 1 & 2) for up to 3 days.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 183 17%
- Calories from fat 99 2%
- Total Fat 11gm 10%
- Sodium 242mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrates 19gm
- Fiber 2gm
- Protein 4gm
- Cholesterol 5mg 6%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.