2 strip bacon
¾ cup sliced shallot
1 lb asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
4 large egg
¼ tsp shredded extra-sharp cheddar
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar
1. Preheat oven to 500°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about the size of the baking sheet (see Tip). Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until crisped on the bottom, about 8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on a paper towel. Add shallots to the pan and cook, stirring often, until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add asparagus and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes more.
4. Spread the vegetables over the crust and crumble bacon on top. Whisk eggs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until combined; slowly pour over the vegetables, trying not to let any run off the crust. Sprinkle the pizza with cheese. Bake until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
Tip: Some prepared dough resists being stretched. If your dough is too springy, let it rest for about 15 minutes, then try rolling it out again.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 317 17%
- Calories from fat 99 177%
- Total Fat 11gm 1%
- Monounsaturated Fat 164gm 1%
- Sodium 35mg
- Total Carbohydrates 2gm
- Cholesterol 532mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.