1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or ovenproof high sided skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in rice and garlic; cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in wine and simmer until it has mostly evaporated. Add broth and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and transfer to the oven.
3. Bake until the rice is just tender, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
4. Shortly before the risotto is done, steam asparagus, peas and bell pepper until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
5. Fold the steamed vegetables, Parmesan, parsley, chives, lemon zest and pepper into the risotto. Serve immediately.
Ingredient Note: Use short- or medium-grain brown rice, available in natural-foods stores and large supermarkets, to achieve the characteristic creamy risotto texture. Lundberg Family Farms sells an excellent short-grain brown rice.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 267
- Calories from fat 72
- Total Fat 8gm 12%
- Saturated Fat 3gm 15%
- Monounsaturated Fat 3gm
- Sodium 607mg 25%
- Total Carbohydrates 35gm 12%
- Fiber 4gm 16%
- Protein 12gm
- Cholesterol 11mg 4%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.