1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 12 (1/2-cup) muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
2. Whisk buttermilk, brown sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in mashed bananas.
3. Whisk whole-wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups (they will be full).
5. Bake until the tops are golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and let cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes more before serving.
Note: Whole-wheat pastry flour, lower in protein than regular whole-wheat flour, has less gluten-forming potential, making it a better choice for tender baked goods. You can find it in the natural-foods section of large supermarkets and natural-foods stores. Store in the freezer.
To Make Ahead: Wrap and store at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 1 month. To defrost and heat frozen muffins, remove plastic wrap, wrap in a paper towel and microwave on High for 30-45 seconds. | Equipment: Muffin tin with 12 (1/2-cup) cups.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 12 Total
- Calories 232 9%
- Calories from fat 54 12%
- Total Fat 6gm 10%
- Sodium 248mg 12%
- Total Carbohydrates 41gm
- Fiber 3gm
- Protein 4gm
- Cholesterol 36mg 14%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.