3 Tbsp hot pepper sauce such as Frank's Red Hot, divided
3 Tbsp distilled white vinegar divided
2 lb chicken tender
6 Tbsp whole-wheat flour
6 Tbsp cornmeal
½ tsp cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp canola oil divided
2 cup peeled carrot sticks
2 cup celery sticks
Spicy Blue Cheese Dip (recipe follows)
1. Whisk buttermilk, 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce and 2 tablespoons vinegar in a large bowl until combined. Add chicken; toss to coat. Transfer to the refrigerator and let marinate for at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, whisk flour and cornmeal in a shallow dish. Whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon hot sauce and 1 tablespoon vinegar in a small bowl.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and roll in the flour mixture until evenly coated. (Discard remaining marinade and flour mixture.) Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with cayenne.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken, placing each in a little oil. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving platter. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and chicken, reducing the heat if necessary. Transfer to the platter. Drizzle the chicken with the reserved hot sauce mixture. Serve with carrots, celery and Spicy Blue Cheese Dip.
Related Recipe: Spicy Blue Cheese Dip
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 8 Total
- Calories 257
- Calories from fat 90
- Total Fat 10gm 15%
- Saturated Fat 4gm 20%
- Monounsaturated Fat 4gm
- Sodium 382mg 16%
- Total Carbohydrates 13gm 4%
- Fiber 2gm 2%
- Protein 31gm
- Cholesterol 83mg 28%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.