1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan (6-cup capacity) with cooking spray. Add breadcrumbs, tilting to coat bottom and sides.
2. Whisk eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add bread and stir to coat. Set aside in the refrigerator.
3. Steam broccoli until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Refresh under cold water and drain well. Chop coarsely.
4. Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and onion; cook, stirring often, until softened and light golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Add onion mixture and broccoli to the egg mixture; stir in cheese. Pour into the prepared pan, spreading evenly.
5. Bake the pie until light golden and set, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool slightly, cut into wedges and serve.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 209 5%
- Calories from fat 108 25%
- Total Fat 12gm 55%
- Saturated Fat 5gm 3%
- Monounsaturated Fat 3gm 14%
- Sodium 341mg
- Total Carbohydrates 14gm 18%
- Fiber 3gm
- Protein 13gm
- Cholesterol 164mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.