2 Tbsp canola oil
3 medium carrot, sliced
3 medium stalk celery, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
⅓ cup cornstarch
4 cup low-fat milk
⅛ tsp salt
5 Tbsp hot sauce, preferably Frank’s RedHot
¾ cup crumbled blue cheese (about 4 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Bring a Dutch oven of water to a boil. Cook noodles until barely tender, about 2 minutes less than package directions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
3. Heat oil in the pot over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion and garlic and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink on the outside, 5 to 7 minutes. Whisk cornstarch and milk in a medium bowl; add to the pot along with salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often, until bubbling and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in hot sauce.
4. Spread the noodles in a 9-by-13-inch (or similar 3-quart) baking dish. Top with the chicken mixture; sprinkle with blue cheese.
5. Bake the casserole until it is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
To Make Ahead: In Step 2, cook the noodles 4 minutes less than package directions. Prepare through Step 4, cover and refrigerate for 1 day. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, then bake at 400°F for 45 minutes.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 8 Total
- Calories 441
- Calories from fat 108
- Total Fat 12gm 18%
- Sodium 671mg 28%
- Total Carbohydrates 47gm 16%
- Fiber 5gm 20%
- Protein 37gm
- Cholesterol 79mg 26%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.