1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, corn and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are softened, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add crab, egg white, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, mayonnaise and lemon zest. Mix well.
3. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions (about 1/2 cup each). Form each portion into an oblong patty that's about 4 inches by 2 inches. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and 2 teaspoons oil in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1 heaping teaspoon of the breadcrumb mixture over the top of each croquette, then gently press it on.
4. Bake the croquettes until heated through and golden brown on top, about 20 minutes.
Related Recipe: Zesty Rémoulade Sauce
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 260 11%
- Calories from fat 63 5%
- Total Fat 7gm 44%
- Saturated Fat 1gm 8%
- Monounsaturated Fat 2gm 39%
- Sodium 942mg
- Total Carbohydrates 23gm
- Fiber 2gm
- Protein 27gm
- Cholesterol 132mg 8%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.