¼ tsp hot sauce, such as Tabasco, or 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste Tabasco
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Blend buttermilk, hot sauce (or cayenne), oregano, chili powder and garlic salt in a shallow dish. Pulse cornflakes in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Transfer to a large plate. Pulse pecans in the food processor until coarsely chopped; mix the pecans with the cornflake crumbs. (Alternatively, place cornflakes in a sealable bag and crush with a rolling pin; chop nuts with a knife.)
3. Dip each catfish filet in the buttermilk mixture, then dredge in the cornflake mixture, coating both sides. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake the catfish for 25 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 307 6%
- Calories from fat 171 15%
- Total Fat 19gm 18%
- Saturated Fat 3gm 3%
- Monounsaturated Fat 9gm 8%
- Sodium 187mg
- Total Carbohydrates 17gm 29%
- Fiber 3gm
- Protein 21gm
- Cholesterol 54mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.