I love these fries. They are crispy and spicy and perfectly seasoned. Pretty much everything a fry should be. Like you will not be able to stop. They are that good. Cajun seasoning was made for fries. Made for them!
Grilled Corn Cajun Guacamole
1 ear grilled corn
1 grilled red pepper
1 grilled orange pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
½ tsp cajun seasoning
½ tsp creole seasoning
3 green onions, chopped
½ lemon, juiced
1 Tbsp hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place cut potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with oil, cajun season, creole seasoning and pepper. Gently toss with your hands or two spatulas to evenly coat. Spread on a baking sheet in one layer. Roast for 25-30 minutes, then flip and roast for 25-30 minutes more. This may take longer depending on how thick you cut your potatoes. You want the potatoes to be deeply golden and crispy on the outside!
- While the potatoes are cooking make the guacamole. Preheat your grill to high heat (you can also roast the corn and peppers in the oven while the fries cook, but I prefer the grill).
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil with one tablespoon of cajun seasoning and rub the corn, red pepper and orange pepper with the oil. Wrap the corn in a small piece of foil and grill the corn, red pepper and orange pepper for about 25 minutes turning each veggie about three times. Remove and let cool while you mash the avocados in a medium size bowl with the additional cajun seasoning and the creole seasoning. Slice off the corn kernels, de-seed and chop the pepper and place both in the bowl with the avocados. Add the green onions, lemon juice, pepper and hot sauce to taste. Toss well.
- When the fries are done cooking top the whole pan with the shredded cheddar cheese and place back in the oven for about five minute or until the cheese is melted or bubbly. Or you can divide the the fries between individual oven safe serving dishes and top with equal amounts of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Remove the cheesy fries from the oven and plate them. Top with with the cajun guacamole, fried eggs and crumbled bacon if desired.
Read more from Half Baked Harvest.