4 tsp clove garlic, peeled (optional), plus 1/4 cup chopped garlic
1 lb extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 chicken tenders, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
1 bunch broccoli rabe, stems trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces, or 2 bunches broccolini, chopped (see Ingredient note)
2 cup cherry tomato, halved
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
⅛ tsp salt
freshly ground pepper to taste
¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Grill or toast bread. Lightly rub with peeled garlic clove, if desired. Discard the garlic.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken and any juices to a plate; cover to keep warm.
3. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add chopped garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant but not brown, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli rabe (or broccolini) and cook, stirring often, until bright green and just wilted, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, vinegar, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are beginning to break down, 2 to 4 minutes. Return the chicken and juices to the pan, add feta cheese and stir to combine. Cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve warm over garlic toasts.
Ingredient Note: Pleasantly pungent and mildly bitter, broccoli rabe, or rapini, is a member of the cabbage family and commonly used in Mediterranean cooking. Broccolini (a cross between broccoli and Chinese kale) is sweet and tender - the florets and stalks are edible.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 313 9%
- Calories from fat 99 25%
- Total Fat 11gm 28%
- Saturated Fat 5gm 4%
- Monounsaturated Fat 5gm 27%
- Sodium 653mg
- Total Carbohydrates 26gm 17%
- Fiber 4gm
- Protein 35gm
- Cholesterol 85mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.