1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour, shaking off the excess. Heat oil in a large deep skillet or Dutch oven. Add chicken; cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
2. Add shallots to the pan; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add wine and scrape up any browned bits. Simmer until reduced slightly, about 3 minutes.
3. Add broth; bring to a simmer. Return the chicken to the pan; add carrot, mushrooms and tarragon sprigs. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently until the chicken is tender and no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes.
4. Transfer the chicken to a plate; cover with foil to keep warm. Discard tarragon sprigs. Increase heat to medium-high. Simmer the cooking liquid for 2 to 3 minutes to intensify flavor. Add cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Whisk in sour cream, mustard and chopped tarragon. Serve immediately.
Substitution Note: You can use 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon instead of fresh. Add it all at once in Step 3.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 404 7%
- Calories from fat 90 15%
- Total Fat 10gm 46%
- Saturated Fat 3gm 1%
- Monounsaturated Fat 5gm 23%
- Sodium 551mg
- Total Carbohydrates 20gm 15%
- Fiber 1gm
- Protein 48gm
- Cholesterol 138mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.