You should probably make this now. Why? Because it is delicious, obviously. It is healthy, but it tastes decadent. It is packed with all the flavors of chili then tossed with quinoa and baked with a little bit of cheese. The perfect comfort food. Yes, I went there.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bring the quinoa and chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a large pot. Saute onions, jalapeño, and red bell pepper until vegetables are softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add kale and cook for another 2 minutes until kale has softened.
- Turn off heat and add the remaining ingredients: chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, cooked quinoa, black beans, corn, greek yogurt, 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese, tomatoes, rotel, chicken, cilantro, and green onions. Mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture in greased 9×13 dish. Top quinoa with the rest of the cheese, 3/4 cup monterey jack.
- Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and mixture is warmed through. Garnish with cilantro and green onions. Serve with your favorite salsa, sour cream (or greek yogurt), pickled jalapeños, green onions, and cilantro.
For the full post, visit Plum Pie.