Two all-time favorite desserts, chocolate chip cookies and fudge brownies, are combined into an indulgent cookie dough-topped brownie.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl and set aside. Beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg and 2 teaspoons of the vanilla extract and mix well. Gradually beat in the flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate the chips and set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the package, adding the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and the peppermint extract. Spread in a greased 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Drop cookie dough by tablespoonfuls on the brownie, covering the top evenly. (Batter will spread during baking) .
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes longer or until cookie top is golden brown. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Read more from The Daily Meal.