1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Combine spinach, cheese, chorizo (or salami) and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Combine garlic, 1 tablespoon oil and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in another bowl; set aside.
3. To butterfly the tenderloin, lay it on a large cutting board. Holding the knife blade flat and parallel to the board, make a lengthwise cut through the center of the meat, stopping short of the opposite edge so that the tenderloin remains in one piece. Open as you would a book. Cover with plastic wrap. With a meat mallet, rolling pin or heavy pan, pound the pork to an even 1/4-inch thickness.
4. Spread the spinach mixture in the center of the pork, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Starting at a long side, roll up the pork to enclose the filling. To keep the stuffing from falling out during roasting, fold in about 1 inch of the two short ends as you roll. Tie kitchen string firmly lengthwise around the roast to secure the two ends, then tie it crosswise at 2-inch intervals.
5. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and lightly brown the pork on all sides, 4 to 6 minutes total. Brush the top with the reserved garlic mixture; season with pepper. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast the pork until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 145°F, 15 to 20 minutes. Let rest on a clean cutting board for 5 minutes before slicing.
Note: Spanish-style chorizo is a seasoned, fully cooked smoked pork sausage. Find it near other cured sausages in well-stocked supermarkets, specialty food stores or online at tienda.com.
To Make Ahead: Prepare through Step 4, wrap tightly and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 323 31%
- Calories from fat 180 29%
- Total Fat 20gm 27%
- Sodium 652mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrates 4gm
- Fiber 2gm
- Protein 31gm
- Cholesterol 86mg 1%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.