½ cup water
½ cup vegetable oil
1 banana, on the ripe side
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon (I used Penzey’s Indonesian Cinnamon for this one)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Start by preparing the cake mix as directed–beat the eggs gently for a minute. Then use your mixer to add in the mix, oil and water.
- Next, dice a banana. I wanted small chunks so I sliced the banana long-ways both horizontally and vertically, then cut off what would have been rounds to get a dice effect. Pour the cake mix into a greased cake pan. I used a Bundt pan this time.
- In a small prep bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon. Slowly pour in a sort-of line over the cake mix in the pan, and use a spoon to swirl gently into the cake mix.
- The bag has directions for bake times for different pan shapes. I found that a bundt pan took much longer to bake than the other types of pans were supposed to--mine took closer to 40 minutes. No matter what pan you choose, start checking the doneness at 30 minutes, and keep an eye on it every five minutes until it’s done.
Read more from PDXfoodlove.