1. Whisk white whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Beat 1 cup sugar, oil and butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high until smooth, scraping down the sides. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides. Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until just combined.
3. Place half the dough on a large piece of plastic wrap and shape into a 10-inch log (it’s OK if it’s not perfectly round). Repeat with the remaining dough. Wrap and freeze until just firm, about 45 minutes. Reroll the logs to make them rounder and return to the freezer until very firm, at least 1 hour more.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
5. Remove one roll of dough at a time from the freezer and let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Unwrap the dough and slice crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rounds, turning the dough a quarter turn after each slice to help keep the cookies round. Place 1/2 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. If your cookies aren’t as round as you want them to be, shape the dough with your fingers. Combine the remaining 1 teaspoon each cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle each cookie with a little.
6. Bake 8 minutes for soft cookies or 10 minutes for crisp cookies. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining roll of dough, if desired.
Tip: White whole-wheat flour, made from a special variety of white wheat, is light in color and flavor but has the same nutritional properties as regular whole-wheat flour. It is available at large supermarkets and natural-foods stores and online at bobsredmill.com or kingarthurflour.com. Store it in the freezer.
To Make Ahead: Store wrapped rolls of dough in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 72 Total
- Calories 46 3%
- Calories from fat 18 2%
- Total Fat 2gm 1%
- Sodium 24mg
- Total Carbohydrates 7gm
- Protein 1gm
- Cholesterol 7mg 2%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.