1 cup Quaker Steel Cut Oats1 ½ cup water½ cup whole dried cranberries, halved1 large apple, diced½ cup pecans, chopped½ cup grated parmesan or sharp cheddar cheese3 Tbsp olive oil3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar1 Tbsp pure maple syrup salt to taste pepper to taste2 Tbsp shallots, diced (optional)⅓ cup figs (fresh or dried), diced (optional)
- In a small saucepan bring steel cut oats and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff the oats with a fork (note that oats are purposely undercooked to retain texture and bite).
- Place oats in a strainer and run under cold water until the oats are chilled. Drain well.
- Whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and salt & pepper to create dressing.
- Combine the cooled oats, cranberries, apples, pecans, and cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss well.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.