¼ cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 oz Irish butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup fresh cranberry
¼ cup candied ginger, minced
½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- In a food processor combine all of the dry ingredients, give a whirl to mix. With the food processor running, add pieces of butter, a couple at a time, and pulse until pea sized. Continue adding the butter until you use all of it. Add the heavy cream. Pulse until the dough comes together. Add the ginger and cranberries, and give a quick pulse.
- Remove the dough from the food processor, and knead on a lightly floured counter top. Pat into a circle, about 3/4 inch thick. Cut into triangles, I made 8 but you can make them a bit smaller or larger. Place onto a baking sheet, with space between each one.
- Make an egg wash with the egg and a tablespoon of water. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the tops of the scones with the egg wash, and sprinkle a little sugar on each top.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until the scones are golden brown on the tops. Remove from the oven. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve. Eat!
Read more from Chez Us.