1. Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add cranberries; boil for 2 minutes. Drain and cool for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg (if using) in a large bowl.
3. Whisk milk, egg substitute, oil and vanilla (if using) in a small bowl until combined.
4. Coarsely chop the cranberries; stir into the milk mixture. Stir the milk mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined.
5. Coat a griddle or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Using 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, cook 2 pancakes at a time until bubbles dot the surface, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until browned, 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining batter.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 2 Total
- Calories 189 6%
- Calories from fat 36
- Total Fat 4gm 14%
- Monounsaturated Fat 1gm 11%
- Sodium 336mg
- Total Carbohydrates 34gm
- Fiber 3gm
- Protein 6gm
- Cholesterol 1mg 12%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.