1 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp finely chopped canned chipotle chili in adobo sauce (see Note)
¼ tsp salt
2 cup shredded red cabbage
1 medium carrot, shredded
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 can 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
1 ripe avocado
½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp minced red onion
4 8- to 10-inch whole-wheat wraps or tortillas
1. Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle chile and salt in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and cilantro; toss to combine.
2. Mash beans and avocado in another medium bowl with a potato masher or fork. Stir in cheese and onion.
3. To assemble the wraps, spread about 1/2 cup of the bean-avocado mixture onto a wrap (or tortilla) and top with about 2/3 cup of the cabbage-carrot slaw. Roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut the wraps in half to serve, if desired.
Ingredient Note: Chipotle chilies in adobo sauce are smoked jalapeños packed in a flavorful sauce. Look for the small cans with the Mexican foods in large supermarkets. Once opened, they'll keep at least 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 411 28%
- Calories from fat 162 20%
- Total Fat 18gm 5%
- Saturated Fat 4gm 26%
- Monounsaturated Fat 7gm 17%
- Sodium 633mg
- Total Carbohydrates 50gm
- Fiber 13gm
- Protein 13gm
- Cholesterol 15mg 52%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.