1 large onion, chopped
4 clove garlic, crushed and peeled
14 oz reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 cup water
¼ cup white rice
1 can 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
½ cup silken tofu
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
6 6 3/4-inch-thick slices baguette
3 Tbsp shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in broth, water and rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is very tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 450°F.
3. Stir tomatoes, tofu and vinegar into the soup. Remove from the heat and puree, in batches, in a blender. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.) Return the soup to the pot and reheat over medium-high heat, stirring often.
4. Meanwhile, top slices of baguette with mozzarella and place on a baking sheet. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls and top each serving with a cheesy crostini.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 219 1%
- Calories from fat 72 5%
- Total Fat 8gm 1%
- Saturated Fat 1gm 4%
- Monounsaturated Fat 1gm 15%
- Sodium 354mg
- Total Carbohydrates 2gm 12%
- Fiber 4gm
- Protein 8gm
- Cholesterol 3mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.