2 Tbsp cider, pear, raspberry or other fruit vinegar
2 Tbsp honey
¼ tsp salt
2 ripe pear, preferably red Bartlett or Anjou, diced
1 cup finely diced white cheddar cheese
½ cup chopped pecans, toasted (see Tip)
freshly ground pepper to taste
6 large leaves butterhead or other lettuce
1. Soak celery in a bowl of ice water for 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
2. Whisk vinegar, honey and salt in a large bowl until blended. Add pears; gently stir to coat. Add the celery, cheese and pecans; stir to combine. Season with pepper. Divide the lettuce leaves among 6 plates and top with a portion of salad. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Tips: To toast chopped nuts & seeds: Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 221 7%
- Calories from fat 126 25%
- Total Fat 14gm 7%
- Saturated Fat 5gm 4%
- Monounsaturated Fat 4gm 10%
- Sodium 244mg
- Total Carbohydrates 20gm 22%
- Fiber 4gm
- Protein 6gm
- Cholesterol 20mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.