This soup keeps for 2-3 days. For some reason, the soup loses water and gets very thick after a day, so you might need to add more chicken broth before reheating.
- In a large pot on high heat, boil squash for in water for 30 minutes and then let simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes until squash is soft enough to pierce with a fork all the way through.
- In the meantime, melt 1 tbsp of butter in a medium pan at medium-high heat. Add onions and cook til lightly browned. Set aside.
- Drain squash. Pour it back into the pot and mash into mush with a potato masher. Return to stove and set to medium-low heat.
- Add broth, onions, and butter. Let it heat up for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in ginger, curry powder, and salt. Add pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle pistachios over the center. Serve!
Read more from Ragamuffin Recipes.