- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add oats and cook, stirring, until toasted, around 4 minutes. Be careful, as oats begin to toast quickly. Spread oat mixture onto a plate and let cool.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a separate medium bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together remaining ½ cup butter, granulated and brown sugars. Add peanut butter and mix until well combined.
- Add oat mixture and flour mixture; mix until combined. Turn dough out onto a piece of parchment paper. Cover dough with another piece of parchment paper and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick over the upper parchment paper. Transfer to a refrigerator until chilled, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove top layer of parchment paper. Cut out cookies using a 2-inch round cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden, rotating baking sheets at 5-minute mark, halfway through baking, 10 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheets.
Peanut BUtter FIlling
¾ cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup powdered sugar
½ tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Assemble the sandwich cookies:
- When cookies have cooled completely, use a spatula to spread peanut butter filling onto half of the underside of cookies. Top with other half of cookies to make sandwiches.
Read more from The Daily Meal.
Provided by: The Daily Meal
Per Single Serving / Serves 12 Total
- Calories 428 21%
- Total Fat 29g 45%
- Saturated Fat 13g 63%
- Sodium 406mg 17%
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12%
- Fiber 3g 10%
- Protein 9g 18%
- Cholesterol 41mg 14%
- Sugars 19g
- Iron 1mg 8%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.