- Place the asparagus in a steamer basket over a pot of boiling water. Cover and steam until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Chop the asparagus into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Brush both sides of each slice of bread with the melted butter. Using a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut a hole in the center of each slice of bread; reserve the cutouts.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Cook the turkey slices until they are browned around the edges, about 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and cook until it is heated through, about 2 minutes, then season with the pepper. Transfer the mixture to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Place 2 of the bread slices and cutouts in the same skillet and crack one egg into the hole of each slice. Cook until the egg whites are set and the bread is toasted on the underside, about 3 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the bread/egg slices and cutouts and cook an additional 1 minute. Transfer the bread/egg pieces to individual plates. Repeat with the remaining bread slices and cutouts. Top each one with 1/4 of the turkey-asparagus mixture. Arrange the cutouts on each plate.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: Weeknight Wonders
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 270
- Total Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g
- Sodium 630mg
- Total Carbohydrates 25g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 21g
- Cholesterol 250mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.