Ingredient Note: Click here for the recipe for pesto rosso.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the eggplant slices on a baking sheet, brush them with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven 20 minutes until cooked, turning them over halfway through. Remove the eggplant from the oven. When cool, cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 ½ cups of the pasta water.
- Return the hot, dry pot to the stove and heat over low heat. Add the pesto rosso and 1 cup of the reserved pasta water. Stir together to form a sauce. Add the farfalle and eggplant and toss to combine. Add more pasta water as needed. Season the pasta with salt and pepper.
- To serve, transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl.
- Garnish with the ricotta salata and basil.
Read more from The Foodie Physician.
Provided by: The Foodie Physician
Per Single Serving / Serves 8 Total
- Calories 368
- Total Fat 14.4g
- Saturated Fat 2.2g
- Total Carbohydrates 47.3g
- Fiber 8.3g
- Protein 13.7g
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.