The creaminess of the aioli combined with peppery watercress and Dijon Vinaigrette create a fall fiesta in every bite of the Farmer’s Salad. Zesty chives are part of the allium crew—an antibacterial and antiviral bunch that includes onions and garlic. Fresh chives also have high levels of antioxidants and flavanoids.
To see more from Kris Carr, check out kriscarr.com!
1 Tbsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp caper, strained
1 Tbsp minced chive or green onion
1 ½ Tbsp coarsely chopped tarragon
3 cup baby potato, boiled, cooled, and sliced in half
2 cup watercress or baby arugula
1 cup fava bean, broad bean, gigantic white bean, or lima bean
2 Tbsp Dijon Vinaigrette(View the Crazy Sexy Kitchen recipe here)
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Mix the Basic Aioli recipe in a bowl with lemon zest, capers, chives, and tarragon.
2. Toss the aioli mixture with the potatoes and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine the watercress, fava beans (or other beans), and Dijon Vinaigrette. Toss gently.
4. Place a portion of the potato salad in the center of plate and top with a handful of the watercress-fava mix.
5. Top with bell pepper slices. Finish with freshly ground black pepper and serve.