- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil for cooking pasta.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and increase heat to medium-high; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 9 to 11 minutes or according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Add the pasta, the reserved cooking liquid, Parmesan and 1/4 cup basil to the mushrooms in the skillet; toss to coat well. Serve immediately, garnished with remaining basil.
Ingredient Note: Whole-wheat pastas are higher in fiber than white pastas. They can be found in health-food stores and some large supermarkets.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 311 17%
- Calories from fat 99 15%
- Total Fat 11gm 3%
- Saturated Fat 3gm 13%
- Monounsaturated Fat 6gm 15%
- Sodium 307mg
- Total Carbohydrates 44gm
- Fiber 8gm
- Protein 13gm
- Cholesterol 9mg 32%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.