One staple that can always be found in our freezer is homemade pizza dough. Not enough to feed a family, just enough for a light lunch or dinner, or maybe an appetizer. It is definitely a good item to have on hand, when you are milling around in the morning and wondering what you can make. Grab it out of the freezer, and by the time you are ready to cook, the dough it ready for you.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Preheat a stove top griddle pan.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle.
- Place the dough on the griddle pan. Lightly cook over medium low heat for 5 - 7 minutes, flip and repeat. You only want to cook it enough to add browned marks to the dough.
- Remove the dough and place it on a cookie sheet.
- Mix the shallots with the mascarpone cheese. Smear over the top of the bread.
- Using a vegetable peeler, scatter ribbons over the top of the mascarpone cheese. Covering the entire area.
- Lightly drizzle with some olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the salt and paprika.
- Lightly grate some parmesan cheese over the top. As much or as little as you like.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for 3 minutes.
Read more from Chez Us.