¼ cup water
2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp honey
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
1 lb tuna steak (about 1 inch thick) (see Note)
Pineapple-Mint Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
4 cup mixed salad green
1 small head radicchio, cored and shredded (about 2 cups)
1 ripe mango (about 12 ounces), peeled, pitted and sliced
2 kiwi, peeled and cut into 8 pieces each
1. Whisk pineapple juice concentrate, water, soy sauce, honey and pepper in a small bowl. Place tuna steak in a shallow pan. Pour the marinade over the tuna; turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 45 minutes, turning twice.
2. Meanwhile, make Pineapple-Mint Vinaigrette.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tuna; cook until browned and just opaque in the center, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer tuna to a cutting board; let stand for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine greens, radicchio, mango and kiwis in a large bowl. Pour on 1/3 cup of the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Divide salad among 4 plates.
5. Cut tuna into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Top each salad with tuna and drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Note: If you prefer your tuna medium-rare, as it is often served in restaurants, use sushi-grade (or sashimi) tuna, if you can find it, and cook it for about 3 minutes per side.
Related Recipe: Pineapple-Mint Vinaigrette
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 469 35%
- Calories from fat 207 20%
- Total Fat 23gm 14%
- Saturated Fat 4gm 20%
- Monounsaturated Fat 14gm 13%
- Sodium 479mg
- Total Carbohydrates 39gm
- Fiber 4gm
- Protein 29gm
- Cholesterol 43mg 4%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.