1. Lightly smash garlic cloves with the side of a large knife to loosen the skins. Peel; cut larger ones in half. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
3. Add chicken to the pan and cook until browned on one side, about 4 minutes. Turn it over and return the garlic to the pan. Add wine and cook for 1 minute.
4. Whisk broth, mustard, flour and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Add the mixture to the pan; bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to maintain a lively simmer. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve sprinkled with chives (or scallion greens).
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 343 26%
- Calories from fat 153 36%
- Total Fat 17gm 24%
- Sodium 576mg
- Total Carbohydrates 7gm
- Protein 35gm
- Cholesterol 108mg 2%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.