These meatballs are packed with flavor and served in a tangy, garlicky tomato sauce. Crunchy green beans and hearty potatoes stand up nicely to this flavorful favorite.
- Trim the ends of the green beans and halve. Quarter the potatoes. Mince the onion, parlsey, and garlic.
- Fill a pot with water and add the potatoes and a pinch of salt. Place over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, cook for 15 minutes, until you can easily pierce them with a knife. During the last minute of cooking, add the green beans. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the beef, panko, cheese, half the chopped onion, salt and pepper. With wet hands, form the meatballs into the size of ping pong balls.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sear the meatballs until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes, green beans, garlic, and oregano. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until the meatballs are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Finish: Serve in a bowl with the remaining onion and parsley on top!