I've been craving something fresh, creamy, and sweet. SO, it's time for the Go Fig'ger grilled cheese!
This succulent baby is loaded with adriadic fig spread, sottocenere truffled cheese, baby arugula, and topped off with sour dough bread and pink Himalayan salt.
- Go ahead and cut the cheese into thin strips. Lather one piece of bread with the fig spread and half of the cheese onto one side of the bread and sprinkle with a bit of salt.
- Next line the fig side of the bread with cheese and top with a handful of arugula.
- Now, mush them together! Be careful not to let the goodness fall out.
- Time for the butter! I think it's easiest to butter one side and put it buttered side down into the skillet on a low/medium heat and then butter the other side.
- Now listen to that baby sizzle and watch as the ooey gooeyness oozes out and bubbles on the hot skillet. You can also press it with a heated weight or an aluminum wrapped brick.
- Ooowwhhhh, has the buttery richness browned and crisped the soft bread? Time to flip it over and even it out!
- Ok, evens stevens? Pull that little sammie off the skillet and let it rest for a minute or two. This prevents the cheese from oozing out once you cut it.
Read more from Grilled Cheese Social.