3 ears corn, husked
½ small red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 small red onion, finely chopped
⅔ cup black olives, preferably salt-cured, halved and pitted
⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 clove garlic, minced
hot sauce, such as Tabasco, to taste
freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Put a large pot of water on to boil. Fill another large pot half full with ice water. Blanch about half the green beans in the boiling water just until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and plunge into the ice water. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with the remaining beans.
2. Return the water to a boil. Add corn and blanch until tender but still crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into the ice water. Cut the kernels off the cobs.
3. Add the corn to the beans in the bowl. Add bell pepper, onion, olives, basil, oil, vinegar, lemon juice and garlic; toss to mix well. Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 8 Total
- Calories 155 6%
- Calories from fat 81 5%
- Total Fat 9gm
- Saturated Fat 1gm 5%
- Monounsaturated Fat 5gm 6%
- Sodium 147mg
- Total Carbohydrates 17gm 14%
- Fiber 5gm
- Protein 3gm
- Cholesterol 0mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.