Inspired by Yotam Ottolenghi
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large heavy pot on medium high heat one tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onions; cook until tender and lightly browned; about 3 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Add the collard greens; cook until vibrant green; about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes; stir to combine. Add the spinach and cook until wilted; about 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Coat a medium cast iron skillet with remaining olive oil (or cooking spray to reduce calories). Transfer the mixture to the skillet leaving excess liquids behind. Scatter mushrooms on top. Make four wells in the mixture; gently crack eggs directly in to wells. Bake until the eggs are set; about 7-10 minutes.
1 Tbsp milk (dairy alternative: plain coconut milk)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp red chili paste
pinch of salt
- While the skillet bakes, whisk all of the sauce ingredients together to combine.
- Present the dish in the skillet, dolloped liberally with sauce and drizzled with good olive oil. Serve piping hot. Serve with toasted multi-grain bread to soak up the yolks.
Read more from The Daily Meal.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: The Daily Meal
Per Single Serving / Serves 2 Total
- Calories 365
- Total Fat 24g
- Total Carbohydrates 16g
- Protein 17g
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.