To both maximize the grill and take full advantage of summer’s exceptional produce, this recipe combines grilled corn, grilled scallions and grilled chicken in a bright, spicy jalapeño-lime vinaigrette.
- In a bowl, whisk all of the ingredients.
2 bunches scallions, halved
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 6-ounce boneless, skin-on chicken breasts
1 Tbsp rosemary leaves, chopped
1 pt Sun Gold tomatoes, halved
¼ cup thinly sliced basil
chopped chives and finely grated lime zest, for garnish
- Light a grill. Remove all but the last layer of green husk from the corn. In a bowl, soak the corn in water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- In a bowl, toss the scallions with 2 tablespoons of the oil; season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, coat the chicken with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and the rosemary; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the corn, scallions and chicken over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until the corn and scallions are lightly charred and the chicken is cooked through, 5 minutes for the scallions and 15 minutes for the corn and chicken. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice across the grain.
- Chop the scallions into 1-inch pieces. Remove the husks and cut the corn kernels off of the cobs. Transfer the scallions and corn to a large bowl; add the tomatoes, basil and half of the dressing and toss. Transfer the salad to a platter. Top with the chicken and garnish with chives and lime zest. Serve the remaining dressing at the table.
Recipe Credit: Dan Kluger
Image Credit: Con Poulos