1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Lay lobster tails on a cutting board with the soft side of the shell facing up. Cut the tails in half lengthwise through the shell using kitchen shears, starting from the fan (see Kitchen Notes). Run your fingertips along the inside of the shell to loosen the meat in the shell. Brush the meat with oil.
3. Lay the tails on the grill, cut-side down, and cook until the meat is lightly charred and the shell is beginning to turn red, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and continue grilling until the meat is opaque and cooked through and the shell is completely red, 2 to 4 minutes more. Transfer the lobster to a cutting board. Meanwhile, toast buns over indirect heat, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. While the lobster cools, bring a small pan of water to a boil. Cook snow peas until bright green, 1 minute. Drain, refresh under cold water and slice very thinly (almost shredded). When the lobster is cool enough to handle, remove the shell and coarsely chop the meat.
5. Mix celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, shallot, mustard, tarragon, pepper, salt and garlic powder in a large bowl. Stir in the chopped lobster and snow peas. Divide the salad among the toasted buns.
Tip: To defrost frozen lobster tails or crab legs, let thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Kitchen Note: How to Shell a Lobster:
1. Grasp claw at the knuckle, near the body. With a firm twist, remove the claw from the body. Repeat with the second claw.
2. To remove claw meat, crack through the claw shell using a pair of kitchen shears. (Alternatively, crack with a lobster cracker.)
3. Holding the body in one hand and firmly grasping the tail in the other, twist and gently pull the tail from the body. (Discard the body.)
4. Cut the tail in half lengthwise with kitchen shears, starting from the underside. Serve halves in the shell or remove the meat.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 310 10%
- Calories from fat 72 5%
- Total Fat 8gm 29%
- Saturated Fat 1gm 4%
- Monounsaturated Fat 3gm 28%
- Sodium 665mg
- Total Carbohydrates 30gm 12%
- Fiber 4gm
- Protein 30gm
- Cholesterol 86mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.