The chimichurri sauce recipe yields about two cups of sauce.
For the steak
- Apply your dry rub steak seasoning to both sides of each steak. Press in gently, wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and grill each steak to desired level (medium rare, medium well etc). Slice thin and set aside.
For the chimichurri sauce
1 cup fresh cilantro
4 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves (OR 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
¾ cup good quality olive oil + more if needed
5 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp sea salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp red pepper flake
- Combine ingredients from the parsley to the oregano in a food processor. Pulse and process until desired consistency is reached; usually several pulses. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix and combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Pour over the parsley mixture and mix together well. Taste and adjust any seasonings as needed.
For the sliders
spring mix greens
pea shoots or micro greens
Dijon or stone ground mustard (optional for an additional kick)
- If using, apply some Dijon or stone ground mustard to your toasted slider bottom bun, lay down your greens and pea shoots and top with a few slices of your grilled steak. Top with the chimichurri sauce and the top side of the toasted slider bun.
- Repeat with the remaining buns and enjoy with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon!
Read more from Hip Foodie Mom.