1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Grill tomatoes and bell pepper, turning a few times, until they soften and the skins are blistered and charred in spots, about 8 minutes. Transfer the pepper to a plastic bag and let it steam until cool enough to handle. Peel off the skin; cut the pepper in half and discard the stem and seeds. Place one half in a blender. When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, core and roughly chop. Add the tomatoes, skins and all, to the blender.
3. Add half the cucumber to the blender along with bread, garlic, vinegar to taste, parsley, piment d'Espelette (or paprika or cayenne), salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add oil and blend until well combined. Refrigerate until room temperature or chilled, at least 1 hour.
4. Before serving, finely dice the remaining cucumber and bell pepper; stir half of each into the gazpacho and garnish with the remaining cucumber and bell pepper.
Ingredient Note: Piment d'Espelette is a sweet, mildly spicy pepper, from the French side of the Basque region, ground into powder.
More From Kitchen Daily:
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 84 3%
- Calories from fat 45 5%
- Total Fat 5gm
- Saturated Fat 1gm 2%
- Monounsaturated Fat 4gm 9%
- Sodium 219mg
- Total Carbohydrates 9gm 8%
- Fiber 2gm
- Protein 2gm
- Cholesterol 0mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.