1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
¼ tsp salt
2 ½ lb lamb loin chops (about 8), trimmed of fat
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
½ cup whole-wheat couscous
2 medium tomato, chopped
1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
½ cup crumbled feta
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
1. Put water on to boil in a medium saucepan.
2. Combine garlic, parsley and salt in a small bowl. Press the garlic mixture into both sides of lamb chops. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the lamb chops and cook to desired doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium. Keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, stir couscous into the boiling water. Return to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, cucumber, feta, lemon juice and dill. Stir to combine. Serve the couscous with the lamb chops.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total
- Calories 333 6%
- Calories from fat 126 30%
- Total Fat 14gm 40%
- Saturated Fat 6gm 3%
- Monounsaturated Fat 5gm 16%
- Sodium 386mg
- Total Carbohydrates 18gm 22%
- Fiber 3gm
- Protein 36gm
- Cholesterol 121mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.