2 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil6 medium onions, cut into quarters1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes (about 6 cups)1 boneless beef brisket (about 3 pounds)1 ¾ cup Swanson® Beef Broth or Swanson® Beef Stock½ cup orange juice½ cup dry red wine½ cup packed brown sugar28 oz can whole peeled tomato
- Heat the oil in an 8-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add onions and squash and cook over medium heat until they're tender-crisp. Remove the vegetables from the saucepot.
- Season the beef as desired. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the beef to the saucepot and cook until it's well browned on all sides. Remove the beef from the saucepot. Pour off any fat.
- Add the broth, orange juice, wine, brown sugar and tomatoes to the saucepot and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Return the beef to the saucepot. Cover and cook for 2 hours.
- Return the vegetables to the saucepot. Cover and cook for 1 hour or until the beef is fork-tender.
- Remove the beef to a cutting board. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve the beef with the vegetables and sauce.