There are two side dishes that must be served at a great BBQ: baked beans and cornbread. These two dishes work great with pulled pork, baby back ribs, and any other traditional barbecue meal you can think of. This recipe is a good one because it has honey and butter in the batter so you taste these flavors throughout the whole cornbread muffin.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- The next step is to mix together all of the dry ingredients into a bowl. Then melt the butter in the microwave and mix together all of the wet ingredients into another bowl. Once the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients are ready mix them together and start stirring. Be sure not to stir too much. You want to have some clumps in your cornbread batter. Remember, if all of your clumps are gone you have mixed a little too much.
- Line a cupcake pan with baking cups. This makes clean up much easier. Next, pour the batter into the baking cups.
- Let the batter sit in the baking cups for about 5 minutes and then place in the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- I like to sprinkle the top of the muffin with some additional cayenne pepper. Then I put some butter on top and when it starts to melt I pour some honey on top. Fantastic!!!!
This recipe is slightly modified from the cornbread recipe shown on "Down Home with the Neely's."
Read more from Grilling 24x7.