3 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
1 scotch bonnet or habanero pepper, quartered and seeded
⅓ cup cider vinegar
¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
2 Tbsp peanut oil or canola oil
2 tsp freshly ground pepper
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp dried thyme
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pepper
3 lb center-cut pork loin, trimmed
1. Puree scallions, garlic, chili pepper, vinegar, brown sugar, oil, allspice, coriander, thyme, salt, cinnamon and pepper in a food processor.
2. Pour the spice mixture into a large, sealable plastic bag. Add pork and turn the bag to coat the pork with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
3. About 20 minutes before you are ready to grill, preheat a gas grill (with all burners lit) to 500°F or build a fire in a charcoal grill and let it burn down to high heat (about 500°F).
4. If using a gas grill, turn off one burner (leaving 1 to 2 burners lit, depending on your grill). If using a charcoal grill, move the coals to one side. Remove the pork from the marinade (discard marinade). Place the pork on the unheated side of the grill rack. Close the lid and roast undisturbed for 45 minutes.
5. Rotate the pork 180 degrees, cover and continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat registers 145°F, 20 to 30 minutes more. Transfer to a clean cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Provided by: EatingWell
Per Single Serving / Serves 10 Total
- Calories 163
- Calories from fat 63 11%
- Total Fat 7gm 10%
- Saturated Fat 2gm
- Monounsaturated Fat 3gm 22%
- Sodium 162mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrates 3gm
- Protein 21gm
- Cholesterol 66mg 7%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.