For the chicken wings
- For the chicken wings, combine the corn flour, flour, baking powder and salt and add the chicken wings. Make sure the chicken wings are well covered in the flour mixture.
- Remove the chicken wings from the flour and shake off the excess. Place on a wire rack and in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the chicken wings to dry out.
For the sauce
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup fish sauce
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 2cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
1 red chili, finely chopped
- In the meantime, combine all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and allow to simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce has the consistency of maple syrup.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
For the batter
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
¾ cup vodka
½ cup water
1 tsp salt
- Heat the oil in a pot.
- For the batter, combine all the ingredients and mix together. The batter needs to be quite thin, almost like single cream.
- Dip the chicken wings in the batter and fry in the oil until crisp and golden. Chicken wings need around 8-10 minutes to cook.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oil and place in the sauce. Remove and serve with the remaining sauce.
For the full post, visit Simply Delicious.