crystal sugar or pearl sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, you can use a silicone baking mat I prefer parchment.
- Heat the water, salt, sugar, and butter in a saucepan, stirring, until the butter is melted. Remove from heat and add all the flour at once.
- Stir quickly until the mixture is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Briskly beat in the eggs, one at a time, until smooth and shiny.
- Using two spoons, scoop up a mound of dough with one spoon about the size of a walnut and then scrape it off with the other spoon onto the baking sheet. Or you can use a pastry bag, I like the number 807.
- Place the mounds evenly-spaced apart on the baking sheet.
- Brush the top of each mound with some of the egg glaze then sprinkle the sugar crystals over the top, don’t be shy on this part. Use a lot!
- Bake the puffs for about 30 minutes, or until puffed and well-browned.
Read more from Chez Us.