If you had to guess my second favorite food what do you think it would be? I'll give you a little hint, it's almost exactly like a grilled cheese but a wee bit different...give up? OK, alright, yeah fine I'll tell ya. The answer is mac n cheese! Surprised? haha I didn't think so but whatever. Because I'm such a freak about cheese being melted on anything, I've combined my loves to create one special meal.
2 pad real salted butter
2 Velveeta cheese single
½ cup leftover cold mac n' cheese
1 tsp garlic salt
- The first thing you'll do is to open the velveeta singles and lay one on a piece of bread.
- After that you'll want to pile on the mac n cheese. Make sure to make it sort of level so it can all cook evenly. I, of course, was snacking on the penne the whole time but I managed to make it through with a one noodle high level and it worked perfectly. If you were using different pasta I'm sure that it would work out just fine as well.
- Super pretty right?! I'm getting hungry just making this post. Anyway, back to the recipe. Put the other piece of velveeta on top and eat the rest of the mac n cheese!
- Almost done! Put the other piece of bread on top and turn the heat to medium and put on your pan to let it warm up.
- Now that you've got it together and your skillet is heated up butter one side of the brioche and sprinkle half the garlic salt on top. Then put it butter side down in the pan.
- So I let mine cook for about a minute and a half on each side which allowed the cheese to melt, the mac n cheese to warm back up, and created a beautiful golden crust to encase this delicious gooeyness.
- Because this bread is so high in fat (lots of eggs and butter) content it will brown really quickly so be careful and check it every once in a while. After it gets nice and crusty on both sides remove it from the stove top and cut it immediately!
Read more from Grilled Cheese Social.